Diversity Leadership ForumWhen: Apr. 26, 2012, 6:30pm - 9pm
Campus Location: Greenspun Hall
Office/Remote Location: Auditorium
Please join the Office of Diversity Initiatives as it marks Gay & Lesbian Pride Month with a forum discussion moderated by Chris Saldaña, anchor/reporter, 8 News Now. The discussion will be on how the U.S. recession affected the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) community.
Panelists will focus on education, healthcare, and job employment challenges.
The Diversity Leadership Forum brings together community and campus leaders to offer perspectives on key social and economic issues impacting various communities in Southern Nevada.
6:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. - welcome reception
7 p.m. - 8 p.m. - panel discussion
8 p.m. - 9 p.m. - Q&A from the audience
- Chris Saldaña, moderator, KLAS-TV 8 reporter
- Ann Cammett, associate professor of UNLV Boyd School of Law and co-director, Family Justice Clinic
- Candace Nichols, director, Gay & Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada
- David Parks, Nevada state senator, District 7
This event is free and open to the public. Limited free parking available prior to 7 p.m. behind In 'N Out Burger.
Office: Office of Diversity Initiatives
Event Sponsor: Office of Diversity Initiatives, Q:UNLV (Faculty/Staff LGBTQ)
- The Multicultural Program: Hol…
- Celebrate Human Rights with Fr…
Starts Dec. 10, 2013, 12:30pm
Ends Dec. 10, 2013, 2:30pm
- Nutrition Series: Sports Nutri…
Starts Dec. 10, 2013, 2pm
Ends Dec. 10, 2013, 3pm
- Nutrition Series: Diabetes Pre…
Starts Dec. 10, 2013, 5pm
Ends Dec. 10, 2013, 6pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.